Do you own an Android TV and are looking for a Vance-like edition? Do you have a Smart TV (or an Android TV Box) but you do not want to link it with your Google services (for privacy reasons or any other)? For all these needs, your answer is the Smart YouTube TV APK which is an unofficial client for all these devices.
Smart YouTube TV also goes by the name of SmartTube Next and it is a simple but multifunctional app that lets you watch your favorite channels on YouTube on your Smart TV and that too free of ads. Certain devices like a TV have encountered several problems in playing YouTube, this app aims at fixing these flaws and solving all issues related to playing YouTube on Android TV, Fire TV, Firestick, and Android Box.
Smartphones and tablets have a plethora of choices when it comes to official YouTube applications but for Android TV there are not many offers. This app, with its capability to work even without Google services, is designed specifically for TV screens. In this article, let us unravel all the features of this app, get information on its latest version, and gather details on how to download and install it.
Features Of Smart Youtube TV
Smart YouTube is an open-sourced project using which you can watch YouTube on Amazon Fire TV and other Android boxes without requiring Google Play Services. Though you can always sign into your google account to see history, playlists, subscriptions, etc. Here are some of the reasons why you would want to have Smart Youtube TV APK on your systems:
- It is free to download and install.
- It fixes all the problems associated with playing YouTube on Android systems with high quality and without annoying ads.
- Smart Youtube supports 4k videos (4K Main and 4k Alt both). Apart from that other resolutions supported by this app are 720p, 1080 Main, and 1080 Alt.
- It has support for all languages.
- The native remote control of your TV works fine with this app hence you do not need to buy any additional equipment.
- The app has a convenient search feature and a localized multilingual keyboard.
- The design of the app is very compact and stylish with an intuitive interface.
- The app is not dependent at all on Google services.
- It has stock controller support.
How to Install Smart YouTube TV APK On Firestick and Fire TV
To install any third-party APK file on an android device you need to enable “unknown sources” in settings. The procedure to install Smart Youtube TV APK is described below in detail:
- Go to settings, find the “My Fire TV” option there and select it.
- Select the option “developer”.
- Check “Enable apps from unknown sources”
- You need the “downloader” app on your TV to download the APK. Assuming you already have this app from the official store, open the “downloader” app.
- Type the URL for the location of the Smart Youtube TV APK file and click on the “Go” button.
- Once you find the APK file, click on it to download it.
- After the file is downloaded, it will open the installation screen where you just need to click on the “install” button.
- Once the app is installed click on the “done” button so that the APK file is deleted from your storage as you do not need it after the app is installed.
- Now you should be able to find the SYTV app in your list of installed apps. You can open and start using the Smart Youtube TV app now.
Q1. Which version of Smart YouTube TV is for general use?
The “stable” version of the app is intended for general use. With the stable version of the app, you get four launchers: Pro Main, Lite Main, Pro Alt, and Lite Alt. Both the pro launchers support 60 fps and AFR. These features are not there in Lite launchers but they open videos faster than pro versions. You must try all the launchers and find the one that suits your needs the most.
Q2. Which resolution is best to choose when starting the Smart YouTube app?
You will be asked to set a default resolution at the start page of the app but it is better to select a resolution based on the performance of your device. It is best to select 720 p with the facility to change it any time.